- Helped Canada win a gold medal at the Under-18 IIHF World Championships in April, 2008.
- Represented Manitoba at the Canada Winter Games in 2007, winning the silver medal.
- Was Brandon's only 16-year-old rookie in 2006-07.
- Starred on Dauphin's Parkland Rangers in the Midget AAA League as a 15-year old in 2005-06.
- His hometown is Gilbert Plains, Manitoba and he played 11 years for Grand Plains Minor Hockey.
- He wears number four because of Bobby Orr and he patterns his game after Detroit’s Nicklas Lidstrom and Los Angeles’ Rob Blake.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner they would be: Bobby Orr – “one of the greatest defensemen to play the game”, Chad Kroeger – “singer of my favorite band (Nickelback)”, and Todd Davison – “a good friend who passed away of cancer”.
- His most memorable hockey moments are winning silver at the 2007 Canada Winter Games and the first home game of his rookie season (2006-07) in the WHL.
NHL Team: Anaheim
NHL Player: Scott Niedermayer
Shootout move: Sam Gagner’s
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Movie: Rock Star
TV Show: King of Queens and Hogan Knows Best
Actor: Will Ferrel
Group: Nickelback and 3 Doors Down
Book: Hockey Tough by Saul Miller
Pump-up song: “Step Up” by Drowning Pool
Food to cook: Spaghetti and chicken
Sport (other than hockey): Golf and soccer