• Bjugstad became the only player from Blaine to win the Mr. Hockey Award as the most outstanding high school senior in the state of Minnesota. Four of the last five Mr. Hockey Award winners were taken in the first round of their respective drafts (Nick Leddy, 2009; Ryan McDonagh, 2007; David Fischer, 2006; and Brian Lee, 2005).
• In just 25 games this season, Bjugstad tallied 29 goals and 60 points (29-31--60), adding another nine points (5-4--9) in five state playoff games -- including two goals in a 3-1 victory against Maple Grove in the Section 5AA Championship.
• He has accelerated his academics, and took some courses this year at Anoka-Ramsey Community College, in order to play for the University of Minnesota in the fall of 2010 – one year ahead of schedule.
• His uncle, Scott Bjugstad, played nine NHL seasons spanning 317 games between 1983-84 and 1991-92 with the Minnesota North Stars, Pittsburgh Penguins and Los Angeles Kings. His father and uncle played at the University of Minnesota.
• Bjugstad grew up playing roller hockey with his neighborhood friends on his backyard tennis court. More recently, he has been using the court for a little more than honing his hockey skills as he joined the high school tennis team this spring.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player: Mikko Koivu
Shootout move: "Bouchard 360"
Goal celebration: "Bobby Orr's"
Video Game: NHL '10
Movie: Dumb & Dumber
Actor: Jim Carey
Music Group: ACDC
Pump-up song: "Thunderstruck" by ACDC
Home-cooked meal: Lasagna
Activity away from the rink: Tennis