North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||February 27, 1994
||Pointe-Claire, QC, CAN
• Matheson has committed to Boston College for fall of 2012.
• In 2011-12, his first season in the USHL, Matheson led Dubuque defensemen with 27 points (11-16--27) and ranked tied for sixth on the club in overall scoring. He added five points (4-1--5) in five playoff games.
• Matheson represented Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and played for Team Quebec at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, where he finished with eight points (2-6--8) in six games.
• Matheson captained Lac St. Louis Lions to a bronze medal at Canada’s National Midget Championship in 2011 and was named Top Defenseman after recording eight points (3-5--8) in seven games. In 2010-11, he was named to the LDHMAAAQ All-Star Team and in 2009-10 was named Rookie of the Year.
• A West Island minor hockey product, his father, Rod, was his coach and had the most influence on his career – “He treated me the same as any other kid on the team, but would always be there for me when I needed help with something. He pushed me to get better because he knew I would respond to it and work hard.”
Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins
Low left corner over the pad
Small fist pump
How I Met Your Mother
Tom Clancy series
“Bleed It Out” by Linkin Park
Sport (other than hockey):
Golf and football
Cereal and toast with peanut butter, fruits and juice
Place to visit:
Lake Louisa; Nassau, Bahamas; Outdoor rinks