North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||USA U-18, USDP
||November 21, 1989
||Bosoton, MA, USA
- Is the second cousin of St. Louis Blues’ left wing Keith Tkachuk and former NHLer Tom Fitzgerald (1988-2006).
- Will attend Boston College in the fall of 2008.
- Started skating at the age of two with his grandfather and his neighbor. He got his start in organized hockey at the age of five with the Charlestown Townies.
- Played his minor hockey with the St. Moritz Devils for three years, the South Shore Kings for three years before playing for the South Shore Dynamos and the Cape-Cod Whalers.
- Patterns his game after his favorite player, Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf – “because I try to be a skilled power forward and use my size and strength to my advantage."
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career – “they have sacrificed a lot of money and time to help me where I am today."
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning a silver medal at the 2007 IIHF Under-18 World Championship with Team USA.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is his iPhone and if he could be in any one movie he would choose 300.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Sidney Crosby, Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong – “they are the three best athletes in the world”.
NHL Team: Boston Bruins
NHL Player: Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf
Shootout move: “Fake shot to the forehand”
Goal celebration: “One knee fist pump”
Practice Drill: 2 on 1’s
Video Game: NHL 08 and Call of Duty 4
Movie: 300 and Shooter
TV Show: Deal or No Deal
Actor: Mark Wahlberg
Book: The Great Gatsby
Pump-up song: “Let’s Go” by Trick Daddy
Food to cook: Egg Sandwich
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Activity away from the rink: Roller hockey and Xbox
Toy growing up: Mini-sticks
Place to shop: Foot Action
Place to visit: Orlando, Florida