Who says August is slow? While it does not compare to the hustle and bustle of the NHL regular season, the dog days of August feature plenty of Florida Panthers action to satiate the die-hards while we tick off the days until the season gets underway. This week was no exception as there was plenty of juicy Panthers content to consume. By the way, today is National Relaxation Day! I cannot think of a better way to celebrate than by reading about all the latest happenings around the Panthers-verse. Let’s get to it:
• Panthers fans will be treated to the return of a familiar face this fall as the team announced that Denis Potvin will be returning to the broadcast booth for the 2014-2015 season.
• Corey Pronman of ESPN.com released his list of the NHL’s top 100 prospects and five Panthers made the cut. Check out who is on the list and more here.
• You might have noticed videos raising awareness for ALS popping up all over the internet these past few weeks. Not to be left out of #IceBucketChallenge, the Panthers players executives and staff got in on the action.
• Last Night, Aaron Ekblad attended Hockey Night in Barrie, a charity event with the RVH Foundation and several NHL Stars such as Steven Stamkos and James Neal. Get a recap here.
Although he did not play, Ekblad escorted out the RVH Foundation Chair for the puck drop.
• Mike Johnston of Sportsnet released his list of 2014-2015 breakout players for the Eastern Conference. SPOILER ALERT: Nick Bjugstad is his selection from the Panthers. Check out the full story.
One Last Thing--Don't miss out on this Ice Bucket Challenge with Panthers President and CEO Rory Babich as well as Broadcaster Randy Moller.
Stay Tuned for the Bloopers!
|Back to top ↑|