Panthers Announce NHL Street And Florida Panthers Street Cats Program
Free Street Hockey Clinics to be offered at Non-Profit Organizations and Summer Camps throughout South Florida
SUNRISE, FL – Sunrise Sports & Entertainment today announced a healthy lifestyle program aimed to fight childhood obesity through the game of street hockey. The Panthers have teamed up with First Lady Michelle Obama, the Let’s Move! Initiative and the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition to help the nation’s youth lead healthier, more active lives through hockey. The program will encourage kids to remain healthy with 60 minutes of physical activity every day while introducing street hockey to children to improve the way kids play, love and excel at hockey.
The program will play a leading part in breaking down barriers to playing hockey by donating street hockey equipment and informational materials to all of the organizations that host a Street Cats Event. The Florida Panthers will operate the street hockey clinics on their full size Inflatable Street Hockey Rink and will offer fans attending events the opportunity to meet Stanley C. Panther. Powerade will provide free drinks during Street Cats events.
The Florida Panthers NHL Street Cats Program event schedule will be as follows:
- Friday, June 15 – Jim & Jan Moran Club (A unit of: Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County), Deerfield Beach, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 20 – Lauderhill Boys & Girls Club (A unit of: Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County), Fort Lauderdale, Time – TBD
- Wednesday, June 27– Camp Woodland, Pembroke Pines, Time – TBD
- Monday, July 2 – Florence A. DeGeorge Club (A unit of: Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County), Davie, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 11 – Leo Goodwin Foundation Teen Center (A unit of: Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County), Fort Lauderdale, Time – TBD
- Monday, July 16 – Camp Chameleon, Markham Park, Sunrise, 1:30 pm – 3 p.m.
- Monday July 23 – NFL YET Lester H. White Club (A unit of: Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County), Fort Lauderdale, Time – TBD
The Panthers are currently seeking more organizations that are interested in hosting a Florida Panthers Street Cats Clinic at their facility. All events are free of charge. If you are interested please contact:
- Eddie Rosenberg, Panthers Fan Development & Grassroots Marketing Intern
- Grassrootsmarketingintern@sselive.com and (954) 835–7322
- Brooke Cranor, Panthers Grassroots Marketing & Community Development Manager
- Cranorb@sselive.com and (954) 835-7728
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Home to the Florida Panthers hockey club and internationally recognized concerts and events, the Broward County-owned BankAtlantic Center is one of the top ranked venues of its kind in the world.