Friday Web Hits--July 25, 2014
Greetings and welcome to the latest edition of our weekly recap of all things Panthers from around the web. Today is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day and during these dog days of summer that is probably the closest we will get to the ice. So pull up a chair, grab yourself a sundae and let’s take a journey around the Panthers-verse.
• Goaltender Al Montoya is one of the six players the Panthers signed on July 1. The first Cuban-American to play in the NHL, Montoya has strong connections to South Florida. Read all about the 'Big Cubano' here.
• Another free agent addition is Finnish winger Jussi Jokinen. With a reputation as a shootout stud, Jokinen will team up with fellow experts Brad Boyes, Jonathan Huberdeau, Aleksander Barkov and Nick Bjugstad to add some serious fireworks to Florida’s late game heroics. Take a look at the stats for the Sunrise Shootout Squad.
• Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press thinks the Panthers will be a very interesting team to watch this season. Check out her thoughts here.
• In attendance at Florida’s development camp earlier this month were University of Michigan players D Michael Downing and F Zach Hyman. Each day at camp the duo shared their thoughts with mgoblue.com.
• There was a camp of another kind being held at Florida Panthers IceDen this week. Here is Panthers goalie coach Rob Tallas taking the ice to help out the youngsters at the Ultimate Hockey Goalie Camp.
• All season long Elliotte Friedman provides some of the best hockey content around with his excellent ‘30 Thoughts’ column. Check out the last edition of ‘30 Thoughts’ before the column takes a break for the summer.
• Finally don’t forget Panthers season seat and single game tickets are now on sale and available by calling (954) 835-PUCK or by clicking here!