50/50 RAFFLE RULES
During every Florida Panthers home game during the regular season, the Florida Panthers Foundation will sponsor and conduct a 50/50 Spilt the Pot for the purpose of raising funds for the Florida Panthers Foundation.
The 50/50 Split the Pot is chosen by a random drawing conducted by the Florida Panthers Foundation, Inc. from all entries submitted during the night’s 50/50 Split the Pot.
Ticket prices are:
- 2 for $5
- 5 for $10
- 10 for $20
The winner will be announced during the 3rd Period after the first stop in play.
In order to purchase raffle tickets and win, individuals must be 18 years or over.
To participate in the Florida Panthers Foundation 50/50 Split the Pot Drawing, your charitable organizations must:
- Be a registered 501 (c)(3) Tax Exempt
- Organization is located in South Florida
- Focus on children’s health, fitness, education and cultural needs
Before submitting your organization to participate, please review the following guidelines to determine if your organization can fulfill all requirements for participation.
The 50/50 winner gets 50% of total sales and, after expenses the remainder will be split between the participating charitable organization and the Florida Panthers Foundation.
For more information, please call 954-835-7728 or send an email to ColomboJ@floridapanthers.com
Rules and Regulations:
- Participants must be 18 years or older to purchase a 50/50 Raffle ticket.
- Unauthorized persons copying, selling or altering tickets are subject to prosecution.
- A 50/50 Raffle ticket will be void and no prize will be awarded if there is proof that the ticket was stolen, unissued, ineligible, altered, counterfeit in whole or in part, defective, printed in duplicate or printed/production in error.
- 50% of all proceeds raised in one game are awarded to one person. Winner does not need to be present at drawing to win. All winners will be chosen at random at the Foundation Kiosk located at section 119 at the start of the 3rd period. The winning number will be posted at the Foundation Kiosk and Guest Service during the 3rd period, announced in-game on the jumbotron during the 3rd period of the game, and available online at www.panthersfoundation.org the following day.
- The winner must redeem their prize within seven (7) business days following the raffle and present the winning ticket to a Panthers Foundation representative. A winning ticket may be redeemed by calling 954-835-7715. If prize is not claimed within the allotted time frame, proceeds will be donated to the Florida Panthers Foundation.
- The prize will be paid to the winner by check the night of the game, if the winner is not present the night of the game, once the winner presents the winning ticket to a member of the Florida Panthers Foundation, a check will be mailed to the winner within 30 days of presenting the winning ticket.
- Applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. As such, in order for the individual with the winning ticket to claim their winnings they must present the following to a Florida Panthers Foundation Representative:
- For U.S. Persons - Any amount won that equals or exceeds $600 US; the winner must fill out a W-9 tax form and provide one proper form of identification (Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Voters Registration, or some other form of picture ID). If a Tax Payer Identification Number (i.e. Social Security Number) is not provided on the W-9, a backup withholding of 28% of the winner’s proceeds will be taken and submitted to the IRS on behalf of the winner.
- For Foreign Persons – A W-8BEN tax form must be filled out and a backup withholding rate of 30% on the winner’s proceeds will be taken and submitted to the IRS on behalf of the winner.
- The designated 50/50 Raffle ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming a prize. The Florida Panthers and the Florida Panthers Foundation are not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets redeemed in error by its agents.
- Employees and immediate relatives of the Sunrise Sports +Entertainment, BB&T Center, Florida Panthers, Florida Panthers Foundation, and Arena Operation Company are not eligible to participate.
- All tickets, transactions and winners associated with the 50/50 Raffle are subject to state law and the rules, regulations and procedures put in place by the Florida Panthers Foundation at One Panther Parkway, Sunrise, Florida, 33323 and the lawful changes thereof. Registration and financial information for the Florida Panthers Foundation may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.
- By obligation of Florida State law, no purchase or contribution is necessary to enter the drawing. Tickets are available for a suggested donation of 2 for $5, 5 for $10 or 10 for $20. Fans can receive a raffle ticket by mail by sending a raffle ticket request letter to: Florida Panthers Foundation, Attn: 50/50, One Panther Parkway, Sunrise, Florida 33323. Each request will receive one raffle ticket to the next home game. Raffle participants do not need to be present to win. For more information call 954-835-7728.